The magnificent Niagara Falls is a tourist site that has millions visiting every year. The millions of liters of water that spills over the edge of the Niagara River is certainly a sight to see, which is why many travelers and locals alike are intrigued but such an incredible natural wonder. Not only is this infamous waterfall an amazing scene, it is also the source of power as much of the water is fed into hydro-electric power stations. Such incredible power provides electricity to over 1 million Canadians, as well as providing drinking water for the U.S.!
Such amazing natural power is definitely one of the reasons why people come from all over Canada, the U.S., and even the world to witness such natural beauty and wonderment. For those who live within the southern part of Ontario, it’s super easy to take a quick drive over to Niagara Falls even if just for the day. Only 90 minutes from Toronto, Niagara Falls makes the perfect destination for quick trips with the family or friends, making it extremely convenient and affordable for just about everyone.
Take a Tour of the Region
One of the more convenient and easier ways to check out the Falls is though a day tour. You can relax and watch the sites while someone else does the driving. You will be sure to hit all the hotspots and learn more about the region.
What to See in Niagara Falls
Aside from the Falls themselves, the following are some of the things to see and do in the Niagara area:
• Maid of the Mist – Go up-close and personal to the Falls in this drenching voyage on a boat which will have you gazing in amazement at the Falls as you feel the mist falling upon you and your family! This ride will stop operating after 2014, so enjoy it while it lasts!
• Clifton Hill – There are literally hundreds of attractions on this strip, which starts at the foot of the Falls. Visit the wax museums, dine in the eateries, and have a blast at the arcades on this exciting and very busy strip.
• Casinos – Niagara Falls offers two casinos for those who leave the kids at home – Fallsview Casino and Casino Niagara. Try your luck on one of the slot machines or black jack tables!
• Skylon Tower – Take a trip up the tower to get one of the most breathtaking views of Niagara Falls.
• Helicopter Tours – For the ultimate view of the Falls, take a helicopter tour way above for an experience unlike any other!
• Niagara Parkway – Take a scenic stroll along the famous parkway, with many parks to rest at along the way showcasing some of Niagara’s famous floral arrangements.
• Niagara on the Lake – Take a scenic stroll through one of the most beautiful towns in Canada
• Niagara Wineries – The region is famous for wine making. Be sure to try the celebrated Ice Wine.
Niagara Falls in Canada is definitely very popular in the summer, but it’s also amazing in the spring and fall too. In the colder months of the year, ice forms at the sides of the Falls, giving onlookers a magical sight to see! In the fall, the leaves turn to bright reds, yellows and oranges, making your photos even more amazing.